Episode 22 of Small Great Nation Podcast by Deloitte and Kraka
Jim Hagemann Snabe (Co-Founder of the Dreams and Details Academy, Chairman at Mærsk and Siemens as well as a member of the board of trustees at the World Economic Forum) was invited as a guest to the Episode 22 Small Great Nation Podcast by Deloitte and Kraka.
The result was a very insightful and thought-provoking conversation between Jim and the host Peter Mogensen. He challenged assumptions and offered his perspective on leadership during the crisis. Furthermore, Jim explained the concept of stakeholder capitalism and discussed the role that technology could and should have for businesses and society.
Here are some key thoughts, insights, and takeaways:
- Leading with vision: Leaders (on political and business level) need to develop and formulate an inspiring and ambitious future vision (a dream) to overcome the crisis in favor of a promising future
- Speed trumps: Constant renewal, fast pace of new ideas, agility, adaptability, resilience, and innovativeness are the determinants of success
- Renewal, not return: The aim should not be to return to an ‘old normal’ but to use the crisis as a catalyst for progress
- On stakeholder capitalism: Stakeholder capitalism means not only creating value for shareholders but for other stakeholders as well (including employees, suppliers but also society)
- Need for a change of mindset: Boosting responsibility doesn’t have to come at the expense of profits for businesses
- Sustainability is a good business model: The future will belong to those companies, that generate profits because of responsible conduct (not in spite of it)
- Responsible tech for a better future: Technology holds the solution to nearly all of the world’s largest and most impactful challenges (including this crisis) – It is up to leaders and organizations to use technology responsibly to create a better future
Listen to the full podcast to hear more about these insights. You can find it either on the Small Great Nation website or on Spotify by searching for the Small Great Nation Podcast Episode #22 – Now is the time to unite around a bold vision for society.